The Irony of Golf
January 24, 2023
Share this Article:
- Golf! You hit down to make the ball go up.
- You swing left and the ball goes right.
- The lowest score wins. And on top of that, the winner buys the drinks.
- Golf is harder than baseball. In golf, you have to play your foul balls.
- If you find you do not mind playing golf in the rain, the snow, even during a hurricane, here’s a valuable tip: your life is in trouble.
- Golfers who try to make everything perfect before taking the shot rarely make a perfect shot.
- The term “mulligan” is really a contraction of the phrase “maul it again.”
- A “gimme” can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers neither of whom can putt very well.
- An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse.
- If your best shots are the practice swing and the “gimme putt”, you might wish to reconsider this game.
- Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you.
- Golf is like marriage: If you take yourself too seriously it won’t work, and both are expensive.
- The best wood in most amateurs’ bags is the pencil.
- Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle, followed by a good bottle of beer.